Exercise is not only beneficial for your body; it also helps to improve your mental health. Regular exercise is proven to relieve stress, improve energy levels and brain function, promote better sleep, and boost overall mood. At Island Sports Physical Therapy, we offer various fitness programs that will help you reach your overall goals. If you are seeking physical therapy in Glen Cove, make sure to give us a call today.
- Sharper memory: Exercise helps to stimulate the growth of new brain cells while preventing any type of age-related decline.
- Better sleep: Exercising in the morning or afternoon can help regulate sleeping patterns.
- Better mood: Exercise can foster a sense of self-worth and achievement that will aid in improving your overall mood.
- More energy: Increasing your heart rate regularly will help give you more energy and motivate you to get up and exercise regularly.
- Stronger resilience: Exercise can help you cope with everyday problems in a much healthier way; in addition, exercise can help boost your immune system and reduce the impact of stress.
Tips on staying motivated:
- Focus on the activities you enjoy: One of the best ways to stay motivated is to participate in the activities you enjoy doing.
- Set goals: Be specific about what you want to accomplish, and write down how much time you plan on exercising each day.
- Reward yourself: Each time you reach one of your goals, reward yourself with something you enjoy.
- Make exercise social: Consider exercising with a workout buddy who will also help to motivate or inspire you.
How can we help:
At Island Sports Physical Therapy in Glen Cove, our physical therapists will be able to evaluate your overall fitness levels and from there, teach you different exercises and muscle building techniques. It’s no secret that exercise can be very beneficial for your mental health as well as your overall mood. If you are looking for physical therapy in Glen Cove, make an appointment with us today to start working towards becoming a better version of yourself!