Ligament reconstruction is a major surgery that is needed when ligaments in the knee are torn or damaged. Once the surgery has been completed, post-operative care is the next important and vital step. Rehabilitation is needed in order to recover properly and safely. If you are looking for post-surgical physical therapy in East Northport, our team at Island Sports Physical Therapy is here to help.
The ultimate goal of ligament reconstruction is to restore the stability in the knee as well as regain full range of motion. When surgery is needed to repair a partial or complete tear of the ligaments in the knee, post-operative care should be taken as required as well.
- Depending on the severity of the injury, the recovery process can take up to a year.
- You will most likely need to wear a brace and use crutches to help you walk for up to 4-6 weeks after surgery.
- Working with one of our physical therapists is important, we will help guide you through the rehab process and delegate exercises to help you regain full range of motion. This process can take up to 4 to 6 months. Our post-surgical physical therapy in East Northport will help you make a full and healthy recovery.
- Since the process from the time of injury to recovery is such a long time, you can lose strength in your leg, calf, and knee. By working with one of our physical therapists we can help you regain and maintain the strength in your leg, calf, and knee through individualized workout plans based on your needs.
- By choosing to work with a physical therapist for your rehab it will lead to better overall recovery results. The chances of any complications from recovery are lessened, and there will be less pain and stiffness.
The ligament reconstruction process can be a long and difficult one, from surgery to a lengthy rehab process it may seem daunting. However, our team at Island Sports Physical Therapy is here to help make this process less intimidating for you. We offer post-surgical physical therapy in East Northport and are knowledgeable and experienced in helping patients along this journey. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with us, contact us today!