Benefits of Staying Active As You Age
Staying active as you age is vital for your overall health because the results are very rewarding. While it may be difficult to remain physically active as you age, there are various ways and options to help you do so. Physical therapy in Nesconset is one of those great ways. Island Sports Physical Therapy will help you reach the health goals you are looking to achieve. Staying active as you age is more important than you think, and our team is more than capable to help you.
Benefits of staying active:
- Increased physical health– staying active as you get older will help to maintain your physical health and strength. The more you exercise, the stronger your muscles will become which will help you avoid medical problems or conditions that may affect you as you age.
- Increased mental health– when you exercise, the brain releases different types of endorphins. These endorphins will help to keep your brain sharp and focused.
- Reduces stress– reducing stress is an important factor that often gets overlooked. Staying active can help provide an outlet for relieving stress in a healthy and safe way.
Exercising also helps to reduce body fat, lower your risk of heart disease, and even manage depression.
- Energy levels
- Bone density
If you are searching for physical therapy in Nesconset, our physical therapists at Island Sports Physical Therapy have the tools necessary to evaluate your physical capabilities. After you are assessed, a unique fitness program can be created specifically for you that will provide you with exercises and techniques that will help to improve your overall fitness.
- Choose aerobic activities- swimming, walking, dancing, or cycling.
- Try yoga or meditation
- Weight train with light weights
- Exercise any way possible- bike riding, jogging, hiking, etc.
Let us help you!
Make sure to contact us today!